If you don’t live in Australia, or you do and are just unaware, let me tell you our internet situation is a complete and total dumpster fire. For decades we’ve been running on an ageing copper network that was not designed for the levels of internet traffic we now demand on a daily basis. In an effort to rectify this, our Labor and Liberal governments have been arguing over the past de...[Read More]
– James Orr After a few weeks of anticipation, the beta for Halo 5’s incoming gamemode, ‘Warzone Firefight’ is out. While I enjoyed the introduction of Firefight in Halo 3: ODST, I wasn’t a huge fan of Halo: Reach’s firefight and loathed Halo 4’s version, Spartan Ops; but surprisingly, 343 Industries seems to have brought firefight back with all new bells and whistles. Warzone Firefight does...[Read More]
– James Orr Now we’ve spent some time blasting through people in Halo 5, let’s share some tips on how to not utterly suck when facing off against enemy Spartans. Get Req’d After racking up your points in Warzone Assault you might be itching to grab a new Gold Req Pack. But the most efficient way of opening Req Packs isn’t to head straight for Gold, but to open Bronze packs until you have at ...[Read More]
As always we’re slapping a big old SPOILER warning on this review, whilst we leave out major plot points, those with a particularly high level of spoiler sensitivity may find some of the following material distressing. Taking you to the edge of the galaxy, Halo 5 raises questions of loyalty when Earth’s greatest heroes fall from grace. It’s been three years since the Master Chief...[Read More]
– Charlie Braithwaite Remember how literally today we were talking about how great some of the Halo ad campaigns have been? Well it turns out that by some macabre coincidence the latest Halo 5 Guardians trailer is horrendously repulsive. You can see it in its moist glory. WARNING: you may question your sexuality and that water you’re drinking right now. Yeah, little out of left field o...[Read More]
-James Orr Halo has been a monumental part of gaming for almost 15 years now, and a monumental franchise needs monumental marketing. Playing host to some of the greatest and most innovative marketing campaigns and trailers of all time, Microsoft, Bungie and 343 Industries have consistently built the hype leading up to the release of each one of their major releases. So with Halo 5: Guardians just ...[Read More]
– Charlie Braithwaite It’s been an exciting few days for Halo fans as yesterday Xbox distributed review keys for Halo 5, allowing streamers to upload the first three missions. So far the game has impressed, the pounding story and familiar setting combined with new gameplay features are making Halo 5 stand out as one of the boldest moves for the franchise yet. As this isn’t a revi...[Read More]
– Charlie Braithwaite The opening cinematic for Halo 5: Guardians has been released on YouTube, without further delay, here it is: Despite looking like Temple Run filled with Covenant, it is still visually impressive and adds sufficient hype ahead of the game’s October 27 release date. For more gaming news follow @load_screen and like us on Facebook.